Leading global technology experts to address LoRaWAN best practices, features and benefits, ease of deployment, and value of certification through dynamic sessions, and interactive live demonstrations
Fremont, Calif. – June 7, 2022 – The LoRa Alliance®, the global association of companies backing the open LoRaWAN® standard for the internet of things (IoT) low-power wide-area networks (LPWANs), today announced the complete program for the LoRaWAN World Expo, taking place at the Palais des Congrès in Paris, July 6-7, 2022. Having previously announced program highlights and the environmental, social and governance (ESG) track, the alliance has rounded out the event agenda with a strong technology track for developers, engineers and system integrators.
“The LoRaWAN World Expo will be the most engaging IoT event of the year, where attendees will not only network with industry thought leaders, but also be fully immersed in hands-on technical demonstrations and exhibits,” said Donna Moore, CEO and chairwoman of the LoRa Alliance. “Come and learn every aspect of the LoRaWAN standard and why it’s the market leading IoT LPWAN solution. Benefit from the rich knowledge base of the LoRa Alliance ecosystem and have your technical questions answered.”
Experience LoRaWAN in Action Inside the Palais des Congrès!
During the event, an Actility ThingPark Enterprise LoRaWAN private network will report live temperature, humidity, light, carbon dioxide and occupancy statuses using data from Elsys, Parametric and Sensative sensors installed around the facility. The sensor values will be transmitted using a Motorola Solutions LoRaWAN gateway and visualized using IoThink’s KHEIRON Studio. Fifty attendees will be equipped with Abeeway smart badges whose locations will be updated on the event floor plan in real time.
“In the seven years since the LoRa Alliance was formed, we have continuously evolved the LoRaWAN standard, with a focus on security, ease of deployment and certification tools,” Moore added. “To address the expansive IoT market, our members also actively collaborate with other standards to jointly develop solutions for key use cases. This ensures each application’s specific technical requirements are met and the right solutions to solve the market need are deployed. If you are a developer, engineer or system integrator, there will be no better opportunity this year to engage with the leading experts in LoRaWAN technology.”
LoRaWAN Ease-of-Use, Flexibility and Security
A mix of live demonstrations and technical sessions will focus on LoRaWAN’s ease of use, flexible deployment options, and multi-RAN capabilities, with topics covering:
- Live Demo: QR codes for zero-touch deployments by Kairos and Microshare
- Live Demo: Satellites by Hangzhou Green Palm Technology Co., Ltd.
- Live Demo: LoRaWAN over IPv6 by Acklio and HT Micron
- Live Demo: FUOTA and Roaming by OrbiWise
- LoRaWAN End-to-End Security Walk-Through: Ensuring IoT Security Today and Tomorrow moderated by Alper Yegin, Actility and featuring MultiTech, Oxit, Semtech, and Senet
- IoT Disruption with Radio Convergence and OpenRoaming, Bruno Tomas, CTO, Wireless Broadband Alliance
- Master Class, IoT: Ideas vs. Reality, Ingi Diego, LORIOT
- DLMS on Multi-RAN Approaches to IoT, Panel Discussion moderated by Vincent Audebert, EDF, with Grupo Equatorial Energia and Acklio
- Using Sticker-like Sensors to Connect Smart Building Surfaces to the Cloud, Matt Johnson, LAIIER
- Using LoRaWAN and GS1 Standards for Asset Tracking, Panel Discussion moderated by Pierre Gelpi, Semtech, with GS1 in Europe, SNCF and WITRAC
- Top Stories Behind Successful LoRaWAN Projects Using the STM32WL Ecosystem, Anicet Giaimo, STMicroelectronics
- LoRaWAN and Satellites Panel Discussion moderated by Rémi Lorrain, Semtech, with EchoStar Mobile, Eutelsat, and Lacuna Space
- Hands-on Session: Quickly build a private LoRaWAN network with AWS IoT Core for LoRaWAN, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Kore Wireless and MultiTech
- Diversity of Network and Business Models with LoRaWAN, moderated by Rémi Lorrain, Semtech, with Actility, ATC Brazil, Everynet, Helium Foundation, NNNCo, Senet and SenRa
- Smart Cities Panel moderated by Moor Insights & Strategy’s Will Townsend, featuring the Town of Cary, North Carolina, City of Gold Coast, Australia and the City of Bernau, Germany
The value of LoRaWAN certification is another key focus of the event because it provides assurance to the market that devices will perform as intended. Featured activities and sessions include:
- Wall of sensors showcasing gateways and LoRaWAN CertifiedCM sensors and how they address multiple vertical market applications
- Live Demo: LoRaWAN Certification Test Tool (LCTT) Demo by IMST
- New LoRa Alliance Vice President of Certification Paul Hampton will discuss the value of certification and latest updates from the alliance
- Getting Started with the LoRaWAN Certification Test Tool (LCTT) Pre-Testing Tool, Itziar de la Torre, IMST GmbH
LoRaWAN Solution Demos
Live demonstrations will showcase LoRaWAN solutions and how they support a wide variety of vertical markets including smart industry, logistics, agriculture, cities, buildings, homes and utilities:
- Approve-IT: Regulatory certification requirements for LoRaWAN products and database of general radio certification requirements
- Asystom: Predictive maintenance for Industry 4.0
- Dracula Technologies: Sustainable and tailor-made indoor energy to power LoRaWAN devices
- Elvexys SA: Electrical measurements and fault detection deployed in MV/LV stations. Transmission via LoRaWAN to various management and analysis systems.
- Murata: The power of two to connect the many: powerful, fast and scalable solutions for IoT projects
- OrionM2M: Remote metering of cold and hot water, gas, and electricity, heating system monitoring and intelligent lighting
- Politecnico di Torino: Smart irrigation
- Thingy IoT: Wildfire smoke and air quality monitoring with Thingy AQ
- Urbit Group: Wireless and self-powered hybrid device to transfer data from sensors to the cloud
- Wi6Labs: Cloud/Edge LoRaWAN private network solutions
“I cannot wait to welcome our ecosystem to Paris to discover the Power of LoRaWAN and learn why LoRaWAN is dominating the LPWAN IoT market and adding tremendous value to business, people and the planet. Don’t miss this exclusive opportunity to hear from the biggest names in LPWAN,” said Moore.
Thanks to the LoRaWAN World Expo Premier Sponsors
- Platinum Level: Semtech
- Silver Level: Actility, Birdz, KERLINK, RAKwireless, STMicroelectronics
- Bronze Level: AWS, Browan Communications, ControlliX, Digi International, Ivanti, Wavelink, MClimate, MultiTech, Murata Manufacturing, OrbiWise, TEKTELIC
- Speaker Sponsor: Kiwi technology; MachineQ, a Comcast Company
Register now to not miss out on your chance to experience the LoRaWAN World Expo. Media and analysts are invited to attend LoRaWAN World Expo at no cost. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for registration details.
About LoRa Alliance®
The LoRa Alliance® is an open, nonprofit association that has become one of the largest and fastest-growing alliances in the technology sector since its inception in 2015. Its members closely collaborate and share expertise to develop and promote the LoRaWAN® standard, which is the de facto global standard for secure, carrier-grade IoT LPWAN connectivity. LoRaWAN has the technical flexibility to address a broad range of IoT applications, both fixed and mobile, and a robust LoRaWAN Certification program to guarantee that devices perform as specified. The LoRaWAN standard has been deployed by more than 170 major mobile network operators globally, with connectivity available worldwide. More information: lora-alliance.org
LoRa Alliance®, LoRaWAN® and LoRaWAN CertifiedCM are registered marks.
Stephanie Quinn, LoRa Alliance PR
+1 408 529 9685
The post LoRaWAN® World Expo’s In-Depth Technical Sessions Prepare Businesses for Success appeared first on LoRa Alliance®.