Skip to main content

LoRaWAN World Expo: Satellite Panel - July 7, 2022

This panel conversation is moderated by Remi Lorrain, Global LoRaWAN Networks Director, Semtech, and includes representation from leading satellite LoRa Alliance members including Rob Spurrett, founder of Lacuna Space; Telemaco Melia, VP, General Manager at EchoStar Mobile; Luc Perard, Sr VP IoT Business of Eutelsat; and Alper Yegin, VP of Advanced Technology Development at Actility. Terrestrial networks cover 10% of the globe and are primarily found in urban areas; the remaining 90% of the globe is covered by satellite. With Satellite network roaming, native LoRaWAN devices can connect to satellite without a gateway. The panel discusses how satellite eases the difficulty of roaming and makes rural IoT solutions plausible.